Are you interested in climate change? Could your photography start a conversation about the causes and possible solutions? At our new Centre for Climate Change & Social Transformations, based at Cardiff University, we are keen to find out about how young people think about climate change and what it means to you.
We’ve launched a photography competition for young people up to the age of 25 living in the South East Wales area. It’s an opportunity to get your photography seen and your voice heard; the winning pictures will be chosen by our panel of experts and winning photographers will be invited to an award ceremony as part of the Centre’s launch event in September. The overall winner will also receive a £50 gift voucher.
A winning photo will be chosen from each of the following age categories, as well as an overall winner:
- Under 7 year olds
- 7 – 11 year olds
- 12 – 16 year old
- 17 – 25 year olds
Entering the competition is easy
Step 1. Plan or choose your photo – visit our photo competition blog for advice and tips. Both camera phone and digital camera pictures are great.
Step 2: Decide on a title for your picture. This can be as descriptive or personal as you wish.
Step 3: Submit your entry. You can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Photo Entry’ as the subject or tweet us @CAST_Centre. Either way please tell us your name, age, and the title of your photo.
The closing date for entries is August 30th 2019. The awards ceremony will be held on September 18th at Cardiff University and your travel expenses to the ceremony will be reimbursed. The winning images will also be shown on our website.
Ready to get started? Visit our blog for more guidance on climate change photography. If you have any questions about the competition please email Owen on email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- Entries can only be accepted from young people aged 25 or younger living in the South East Wales area ( Vale of Glamorgan, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Merthyr Tydfil, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Newport, Blaenau Gwent, Torfaen, Monmouthshire and Bridgend.)
- We can only accept one entry per person.
- Entries received after midnight on August 30th 2019 cannot be counted.
- By entering this competition, you retain all rights to your works while granting the CAST Centre permission to use your photos, credited to you, on our website, social media and printed materials. Photos will be used for communication purposes only and we will never sell, license, or in any way profit from your photo. If you would prefer that we don’t use your photo in this way you can let us know. Withdrawing permission for us to use your photo in no way affects how your entry will be judged.
- A winner will be chosen from each age category with an overall winner chosen to receive the prize of a £50 gift voucher. This prize cannot be exchanged for monetary value or any other item.